City of Cayce, South Carolina
City of Cayce, SC Visitors Residents Businesses Newcomers
Tagline - A New Kind of City - Cayce SC
Quick Links:



Cayce Municipal Court

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Court’s hours of operation?
Cayce Municipal Court is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.

Which holidays does the Municipal Court observe?
The municipal court will be closed:

  • New Year's Day- Monday January 1st 2018
  • Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday- Monday January 15th 2018
  • Presidents Day- Monday February 19th 2018
  • Good Friday- Friday March 30th 2018
  • Memorial Day- Monday May 28th 2018
  • Independence Day- Wednesday July 4th 2018
  • Labor Day- Monday September 3rd 2018
  • Veterans' Day- Monday November 12th 2018
  • Day before Thanksgiving- Court will close at 1:00pm Wednesday November 21st 2018
  • Thanksgiving Day- Thursday November 22nd 2018
  • Day After Thanksgiving- Friday November 23rd 2018
  • Day Before Christmas-Monday December 24th 2018
  • Christmas Day-Tuesday December 25th 2018
  • Day After Christmas- Wednesday December 26th 2018

What interpretation services are offered, if any?
A certified interpreter may be secured for interpreting proceedings and testimony for any party that does not understand or speak the English language or for those who are hearing impaired. To secure this service, please call the Clerk of Court’s office at (803) 739-0113 or contact us directly through email at [email protected].

How long should I expect to be in Court for my ticket/warrant?
Cayce Municipal Court holds its regular court sessions Tuesdays at 10:00am. The length of time you can expect to spend depends on the case load and docket for that particular court date. Typically, you can expect to spend an hour or more. Please note, to make this time shorter, all plea agreements should be discussed with the officer who wrote your ticket before your court date. You may contact that officer by contacting the Cayce Public Safety at (803) 794-0456

How do I get my driver’s license back or reinstated?
If the ticket you have received was issued by the City of Cayce Police Department, you must pay the fine at Municipal Court. The court will provide you a copy of Form DL-53.

South Carolina Drivers:
You must present in person at a local DMV Office or mail the blue copy of Form DL-53 to:

South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
Driver Record
Post Office Box 1498
Blythewood South Carolina 29016-0028

If the compliance is not received in the Driver Records Office before the beginning date of the suspension, a $100.00 reinstatement fee will be required by the State in order for the suspension to be withdrawn.

Out of State Drivers:
You must present or mail the blue copy of Form DL-53 along with any applicable reinstatement fees to the state in which you are a licensed driver. Any questions you may have concerning reinstatement fees or driver license suspension must be directed to your home state.

Will I go to jail/ what will be my sentence?
Each case varies. Your case will be heard and evaluated based on its individual elements. Only the judge can say what [s]he will do in your particular case. You may not speak with the judge before your case is called. You must appear at your designated court date and time. Please refer to the link Court Staff Can & Cannot. If you have questions regarding your specific charge, you may contact the Cayce Public Safety officer at (803) 794-0496.

Do I have an active warrant, if so, what do I do?
Please refer to the link Court Staff Can & Cannot. Please direct these questions to the Cayce Department of Public Safety at (803) 794-0456.

How do I find out if someone is in jail?
You may call the Detention Center you suspect he/she is located or use the inmate search option on the Detention Center’s website. The website for Lexington County Detention Center is and their phone number is 803-785-8230. The website for the Alvin S Glen Detention Center is and their phone number is 803-576-3279.

How do I reschedule or continue my court date?
You may contact the opposing party to determine if he/she consents to a continuance. Otherwise you may request a continuance in Court before the Judge.

Who do I speak to about if I am a victim of a crime scheduled for court?
Victim services are handled through the Cayce Department of Public Safety. You may call them at (803) 794-0496 and ask for the Victim’s Advocate.

How do I get an attorney?
You have the right to hire your own attorney. If you cannot afford one, you may apply for a court-appointed attorney (must meet federal poverty guidelines,) at Clerk of Court, 1800 12th Street Cayce, S.C. 29033 for indigency screening. This should be completed before your scheduled court date.

Court employees will not recommend specific attorneys or law firms. You may contact the South Carolina Bar Association's free attorney referral service at (800) 868-2284.

How do I update my address with the court?
If you move or change your address, it is your responsibility to notify the court of your new address in writing. Notices of court dates will be sent to the address you have supplied the court. Please contact the Clerk of Court in person to change your address.


Facebook Youtube    weather