Cayce Municipal Court
Appearing In Court
Appearance/Attire in Court
All visitors should wear clean and properly fitted clothes. Shirts and shoes are required. Unacceptable attire includes but is not limited to: clothing that is torn, dirty, provocative, clothing with offensive depictions, tank tops, shorts, hats and flip-flops.
- Arrive early and prepared.
- Turn off all cell phones before entering the courtroom.
- Gum and tobacco are not allowed.
- Speak using formal English; not slang.
- Do not approach the Judge's bench or Clerk of Court's desk without permission.
- When your case is called, go to the podium, address the judge as "Your Honor," speak only when instructed; do not interrupt.
- When answering questions, be brief and answer the question asked and stop.
- Do not utilize profanity.
- Do not enter and depart the courtroom excessively.
Weapons, food and drink are prohibited in the courtroom. Cell phones should be turned off prior to entering the courtroom to avoid possible confiscation in the event of cell phones making audible noise.
Everyone who enters the courtroom must pass through a metal detector/wand and may be subject to search, including any belongings brought inside the building.